Total of 18761 firms and businesses for sale today Thursday 18th July 2019
Time to Sell Your Business? List your Business for Sale with Login now!
Finance And Services:

Sold. Industrial Seals Manufacturing Company

Firms For Sale ID:
Vendor reference:
Vendor website:
Printer Friendly
Contact Seller
Goto Website
More Like This
Email Search
Add Notes
Primary sector:
Secondary sector:
Asking price:
Turnover / revenue:
Net profit / cashflow:
Years established:
Trading hours:
Currently circa 40 hour week
Number of employees:
Employees / staffing:
The directors of this subsidiary are also directors of other Group companies. None of these directors’ play an active role in the day to day running of this business. The business is currently managed by the Financial Controller and Sales Admin Manager. Financial Controller part time as also involved in other group activities outside this company Sales office manager full time Administration Assistant full time Cast operative (also team leader) full time Toolmaker/general production operative full time Injection moulder/general production operative full time Finishing turner/general production operative full time Staff are real asset of the business and highly skilled.

Reason for selling:
The business is a wholly owned subsidiary of a larger group. The group’s current direction is such that this business is no longer core to their future plans and as such they are looking to consolidate.
Support and training:
The owners are happy to provide full business familiarisation and handover to ensure continuity of trading and a seamless transistion. This should be a relatively simple process as the business has a structured workforce with key personnel already in place who run the business on a day to day basis with no real invlovement from the parent groups directors.
Business is relocatable:
Business is web-based:
Business is home-based:
Lease terms:
The business currently operates from leasehold premises that are owned by the parent company. The business currently pays a rent circa GBP 38,000 p.a. The business premises form part of a larger works site. As mentioned the parent company owns the freehold and they would be happy to sell the freehold to a new owner if so required (we are advised by vendor freehold valuation circa GBP 250,000 at time of going to market) or set up a suitable lease or for the business to be relocated if need be.
Image Not Found
Image Not Found
Industrial Seals Manufacturing Company
Supply & Manufacture via Polyurethane Injection & Cast Moulding
ISO 9001 2008
Ref. IG036
Location : West Yorkshire / Relocatable
Asking Price : GBP 125,000
Established more tha 100 years ago this highly respected and professional company is regarded as a market leader in the supply and manufacture (in small/medium volumes) of Industrial Seals and other products by method of injection and cast moulding using a wide range of thermo plastics and polyurethane. Indeed the company was one of the first in the UK to offer sealing components in polyurethane.
The company produces hydraulic and pneumatic seals, diaphragms, hot cast polyurethane components and injection mouldings. These products are used in a wide range of industries including food and drink, ceramics, and sewerage. The company has the skills and infrastructure to offer both volume production and specialist products such as their unique dual hardness seals that are used for pipe testing by the steel industry.
The company markets their products throughout the UK and exports through their parent company also. Approximately 70% of current sales are direct to clients with the remaining 30% of sales being via the parent companys other businesses. It is understood that this sales route would continue to be made available to the new owners of this company. The company has a total of circa 65 active customers at time of going to market.
The company has developed over time into a highly skilled and technical business backed up with all the necessary quality assurance and infrastructure. It has an extensive level of plant and equipment and technical know how. Because of this it can react to customer needs quickly and effectively producing high quality solutions.

Expansion Potential
Opportunity to increase sales beyond the current customer base and to make profit. The business has spare capacity and production could easily be ramped up.

Potential for increased business through existing customers. More account management and penetration. The company is very much reactive at present.

The buyer will not only be buying a business with potential but would also be buying a highly committed and knowledgeable workforce who have many years of experience within sector.

Market / Competition / Non-Competition Agreements
The business carries out no advertising/marketing which is testament to the reputation it has created over 100+ years successful trading.